Starting and operating a business can be challenging. Aside from handling daily operations, you must also ensure that your company complies with statutory requirements under the Companies Act as well as the company’s Articles of Association.
Failure to fulfil statutory obligations may result in prosecution and penalties. According to ACRA, common offences under the Companies Act include:
- Failure to have a local registered office address;
- Failure to publish the company’s name and registration number;
- Failure to notify the ACRA of any change in the registered office address and office hours;
- Failure of substantial shareholder to notify the company of its interests;
- Failure to notify ACRA of changes in the register of directors, managers, secretaries, and auditors;
- Failure to lodge the annual return of the company within one month from the date of holding the annual general meeting.
Take Worry Out of the Equation
Allow us to take administrative burdens off your shoulders so you can focus on your core business activities. Through years of experience and expertise, our dedicated team stands ready to guide your company’s compliance activities. You will be able to rest assured and be confident that your business is compliant with statutory requirements—and secure from legal penalties
Richmond’s Corporate Services:
We offer a comprehensive range of corporate services to small and medium-sized enterprises in Singapore.